Thursday, November 25, 2010

Mac Pro-Longwear Review

So, I saw a couple reviews on this product on youtube, thanks to a couple of my favs and also read the description on the Mac website etc., and from what I had heard it was pretty good. Previous to this, I was using Revlon Colorstay Foundation, so it's my most recently compared. But the Pro-Longerwear claims to last up to 15 hours, so I had to try it! I also decided to pick up the concealer (NC45 in the foundation & NW35in the concealer).  I have VERY oily and acne-prone skin, so I am always very cautious in trying new skin products. I found that this foundation truly does last my full day and  leaves me with far, far less shine… I always check about mid day (at least) to see if I need a touch up… and I sometimes still blot to prevent and out of sheer habit, but I rarely have to apply my translucent shine control powder. And when I do blot, there is hardly anything on my blotting sheet compared to before. So I LOVE it… it last (I can at least verify up to 10 hours) and even thereafter, even though I try not too… if I must re-apply over existing foundation, it re-touches pretty well. It leaves less shine (without being cakey) than anything else I have tried (although I’d like to put to the test during the Vegas summer months still), and lastly it does not break me out. The concealer is similar, I feel like it last on the blemishes of my skin, but could be more lasting around my eye area (it could be that I apply eye drops so often during the day that it wears it down after about 6 hours). I do like the consistency of the concealer though, very creamy and easy to blend, not cakey at all. I used Mac Studio Sculpt Concealer previously which was a bit more ashy under the eye area compared, but I am curious how layering the 2 would work… hmm? Anyway, here is how I apply the foundation/concealer to get the results that I have: I do use a couple products prior to application, currently the DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew, the Clinique Pore Minimizer T-Zone Shine Control, and the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base Primer, then I apply with the Mac 130 brush and apply the concealer thereafter (usually just with my finger) then set with the Product Reviews SEPHORA COLLECTION "Tricks of the Trade" Mineral Matte Setting Powder … Sometimes I throw a little Mac skin finish natural in Dark over that to offset the foundation color that is just a tiny bit yellow for me, which also nicely offsets that matte-ness of my setting powder…. And I am set!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments/questions welcome! :)

 
Copyright © Ashley's Blog